Columbia University, one of the oldest and most culturally and socio-economically diverse schools in the country, is known for its distinctive approach to an engineering education. Columbia Engineers receive not only a first-class foundation in math, science and engineering, but are also educated in Columbia’s renowned liberal arts Core Curriculum. They learn from innovative and accomplished faculty in every field, surrounded by the brightest minds in the world. By combining technical expertise, socially responsible leadership and innovative entrepreneurship, Columbia Engineers go on to improve the world locally, nationally and globally.
Each fall, Columbia Engineering offers a selective, three-day overnight program designed for high school seniors who are interested in our unique engineering education. This year’s program is October 12-14, 2014. The application deadline for this year has passed.
Please note, the application form works best with the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Please let your school counselor, who will fill out an online form , know this as well.
Highlights of Columbia Engineering Experience (CE2) include:
- 100% funding: Participate in every aspect of the program without concern about financial constraints. All meals, housing and transportation, including travel to and from New York City, will be funded by Columbia.
- World-class faculty and research: Meet members of Columbia’s renowned faculty and visit our world-class research centers.
- Unparalleled career and entrepreneurship opportunities: Take a behind-the-scenes tour of a leading engineering firm or organization in New York City. Past attendees have visited Google, Bank of America, Port Authority and The Freedom Tower, to cite just a few examples.
- Inside look at life as a Columbian: Stay with an undergraduate host, experience campus life and meet current students, including members of Engineers Without Borders, the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, the Native American Council, the Society of Women Engineers and many others.
- The NYC advantage: Learn about the cultural, professional, research and intellectual opportunities at our doorstep and take a tour of New York City.
- Admissions 101: Meet Jessica Marinaccio, Dean of Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid, and participate in comprehensive college admissions and financial aid workshops conducted by members of the Columbia Admissions Committee.
Due to the selectivity and limited size of the program, an application with a school report is required. Upon creating your account, please select the “2015 CE2” application option.
CE2 is designed for high-achieving seniors who have:
- Exemplary academic records, particularly in math and science
- Sincere interest in pursuing an engineering education
- Genuine appreciation for the educational value of diversity in all its forms
Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Students selected for the program will be notified by e-mail on September 25, 2014 after 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time. Please e-mail any questions about the Columbia Engineering Experience to us at email@example.com.
We hope you consider this unique opportunity to learn more about Columbia Engineering!