Columbia University, one of the oldest and most culturally and socio-economically diverse schools in the country, is known for its distinctive approach to an engineering education. Columbia Engineers receive not only a first-class foundation in math, science and engineering, but are also educated in Columbia’s renowned liberal arts Core Curriculum. They learn from innovative and accomplished faculty in every field, surrounded by the brightest minds in the world. By combining technical expertise, socially responsible leadership and innovative entrepreneurship, Columbia Engineers go on to improve the world locally, nationally and globally.
Each fall, Columbia Engineering offers a selective, three-day overnight program designed for high school seniors who are interested in our unique engineering education. This year’s program is October 11 – 13, 2015.
Interested applicants can apply online.
Please note, the application form works best with the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Please let your school counselor, who will fill out an online form , know this as well.
Highlights of Columbia Engineering Experience (CE2) include:
- 100% funding: Participate in every aspect of the program without concern about financial constraints. All meals, housing and transportation, including travel to and from New York City, will be funded by Columbia.
- World-class faculty and research: Meet members of Columbia’s renowned faculty and visit our world-class research centers.
- Inside look at life as a Columbian: Stay with an undergraduate host, experience campus life and meet current students, including student leaders within Engineers Without Borders, the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, the Native American Council, the Society of Women Engineers and many others.
- Exclusive career and entrepreneurship opportunities: Take a behind-the-scenes tour of a leading engineering firm or organization in New York City. Past attendees have visited Google, Bloomberg, the World Trade Center Transportation Hub and the Columbia University Medical Center, to cite just a few examples.
- The NYC advantage: Learn about the cultural, professional, research and intellectual opportunities at our doorstep.
- Admissions 101: Participate in comprehensive college admissions and financial aid workshops conducted by members of the Columbia Admissions Committee.
Due to the selectivity and limited size of the program, an application with a school report is required. Upon creating your account, please select the “2016 CE2” application option.
CE2 is designed for high-achieving seniors who have:
- Exemplary academic records, particularly in math and science
- Sincere interest in pursuing an engineering education
- Genuine appreciation for the educational value of diversity in all its forms
Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 9, 2015. We plan to post all decisions online on September 23, 2015 after 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Please email any questions about the Columbia Engineering Experience to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you consider this unique opportunity to learn more about Columbia Engineering!