If paying the application fee is a significant financial burden for your family, we encourage you to request a fee waiver through your admission application. The eligibility guidelines for application fee waivers are listed below. If you received a Realize Your College Potential fee waiver from the College Board, but do not meet the need-based eligibility criteria outlined within the Common Application, you will need to pay the $85.00 application fee to apply to Columbia University.
- You have received or are eligible to receive an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver.
- You are enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- Your annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- You are enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- Your family receives public assistance.
- You live in a federally subsidized public housing, a foster home or are homeless.
- You are a ward of the state or an orphan.
- You can provide a supporting statement from a school official, college access counselor, financial aid officer, or community leader.