You are invited to join us on campus for our annual Columbia Summer Science Invitational on Monday, July 27, 2015. The event is designed for rising high school seniors interested in studying science in Columbia College.
The afternoon program includes:
- An overview on what’s distinctive about studying science at Columbia College;
- Master classes led by Columbia science faculty;
- A panel discussion with current Columbia students;
- Detailed breakout sessions about admissions and financial aid;
- An optional visit to Columbia’s new interdisciplinary science building.
A tentative schedule for the afternoon can be found here.
Check-in will begin at 12:30 p.m. at the Broadway entrance to Lerner Hall, between 114th and 115th Streets. The program will begin at 1:00 p.m. and conclude around 5:00 p.m. Light refreshments will be served. More information about getting to campus, including a campus map, can be found on our Visitor Information page.
Although there will be an opportunity to learn about admissions and financial aid during the invitational, if this is your first time visiting our campus you may wish to attend our general information session and student-led campus tour from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. before the program. Check out the Information Sessions and Campus Tours page for more information and to register; you must register for either or both of these programs separately from the Science Invitational.
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions with any questions about the Science Invitational via email@example.com or 212-854-2522.