Columbia University, one of the oldest and most culturally and socio-economically diverse schools in the country, is known for its distinctive approach to an engineering education. Columbia Engineers receive not only a first-class foundation in math, science and engineering, but are also educated in Columbia’s renowned liberal arts Core Curriculum. They learn from innovative and accomplished faculty in every field, surrounded by the brightest minds in the world. By combining technical expertise, socially responsible leadership and innovative entrepreneurship, Columbia Engineers go on to improve the world locally, nationally and globally. We call this Engineering for Humanity.
Each fall, Columbia Engineering offers a selective, three-day overnight program designed for high school seniors who are interested in our unique engineering education. This year's program will be held on October 13-15, 2019.
The Columbia Engineering Experience application deadline has now passed. The application for the 2020 academic year will be available in August 2020.
Highlights of the Columbia Engineering Experience (CE2) include:
- 100% funding: Participate in every aspect of the program without concern about financial constraints. All meals, housing and transportation, including travel to and from New York City, will be funded by Columbia.
- World-class faculty and research: Meet members of Columbia’s renowned faculty and visit our world-class research centers.
- Inside look at life as a Columbian: Stay with an undergraduate host, experience campus life and meet current students, including student leaders within Engineers Without Borders, the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, the Native American Council, the Society of Women Engineers and many others.
- Exclusive career and entrepreneurship opportunities: Take a behind-the-scenes tour of a leading engineering firm or organization in New York City. Past attendees have visited Google, Bloomberg, the World Trade Center Transportation Hub and the Columbia University Irving Medical Center, to cite just a few examples.
- The NYC advantage: Learn about the cultural, professional, research and intellectual opportunities at our doorstep.
- Admissions 101: Participate in comprehensive college admissions and financial aid workshops conducted by members of the Columbia Admissions Committee.
CE2 is designed for high-achieving seniors who have:
- Exemplary academic records, particularly in math and science
- Sincere interest in pursuing an engineering education
- Genuine appreciation for the educational value of diversity in all its forms
CE2 is designed to serve students from backgrounds that are historically underrepresented in engineering and applied science fields, including:
- Low-income students
- Underrepresented students of color
- Students who will be the first generation in their family to attend college
- Students from underserved and rural communities
Please email any questions about the Columbia Engineering Experience to us at email@example.com.
We hope you consider this unique opportunity to learn more about Columbia Engineering!