SEAS Summer Series
SEAS Summer Series
Join Undergraduate Admissions and The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS) for a collection of live presentations and panels with faculty, current students and administrators that will highlight the benefits of a Columbia Engineering education.
The SEAS Summer Series will feature a number of unique live events throughout the first three weeks of August. Events will begin on Wednesday, August 5, and end on Thursday, August 20. Events will be live-streamed through Zoom webinars and are open to all students who are interested in applying to Columbia.
Please see a full schedule of events below, and register here. Please note that you only need to register once for this event series. Once registered, you will have access to all of the events.
Schedule of Events
Note that the times listed below are all ET (Eastern Time).
These sample lectures will give you an opportunity to hear from a distinguished faculty member and experience the intellectual energy of a Columbia Engineering classroom.
- Wednesday, August 5, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm: "Servicing the Hubble Space Telescope," with Mike Massimino 'EN84, former NASA astronaut and Professor of Professional Practice, Mechanical Engineering
- Tuesday, August 11, 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm: "AI, Computation, and Design," with Lydia Chilton, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Tuesday, August 18, 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm: "Bioengineering Strategies for Joint Repair," with Clark Hung, Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Orthopedic Sciences
Introduction to Columbia Engineering
Learn more about The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science from current undergraduates. Our students will guide you through the Columbia Engineering curriculum and extracurricular opportunities afforded to our engineers, such as research, internships and clubs. Undergraduate Admissions will also provide tips on how to fill out your application when seeking admission to engineering programs. Please note that this presentation should serve as a supplement to the general Undergraduate Admissions information session that is offered daily.
- Thursday, August 6, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Thursday, August 13, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Thursday, August 20, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Women in Engineering Faculty Panel
Hear from a panel of prominent female Columbia Engineering faculty as they discuss mentorship, large-scale campus initiatives and their own paths to engineering.
- Friday, August 7, 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Engineering Live Student Q&A Chat
Join us for informal conversations with current undergraduates from Columbia Engineering. Take this opportunity to chat and engage with current students and learn more about the many unique and special ways that Columbia fosters student community.
- Friday, August 14, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm