Columbia University, one of the oldest and most culturally diverse schools in the country, is known for its distinctive approach to an engineering education. Columbia Engineers receive not only a first-class foundation in math, science and engineering, but are also educated in Columbia’s renowned liberal arts Core Curriculum. They learn from innovative and accomplished faculty in every field, surrounded by the brightest minds in the world. By combining technical expertise, socially responsible leadership and innovative entrepreneurship, Columbia Engineers go on to improve the world locally, nationally and globally. We call this Engineering for Humanity.
My college search process began my junior year of high school near the summer. I began working on my college application and looking for fly in programs or other opportunities to visit schools and learn more about their programs. Eventually, I found Columbia's CE2 program and took part in what was one of the best programs of my life. Following that, I finished up my applications, but only submitted my ED application which was to Columbia. Fortunately after being accepted, I committed then and there and awaited beginning my academic experience at Columbia.
Applying to the Columbia Engineering Experience
Each fall, Columbia Engineering offers a free selective program designed for high school seniors who are interested in learning about our unique engineering education. The two-day program will be offered in a virtual-only format on October 8 and October 9, 2022. Admission is highly selective. Please note that all students who apply to CE2 will receive a fee waiver in the general application process, no matter the CE2 decision.
The application for the Columbia Engineering Experience (CE2) has now closed for the 2022 cycle. Students will be notified of their decision in late September.
Highlights of CE2 typically include:
- World-class faculty and research: Learn from and ask questions with members of Columbia’s renowned faculty.
- Inside look at life as a Columbia student: Work with an undergraduate student mentor, learn about campus life and hear from current students, including leaders from a variety of student organizations.
- The NYC advantage: Learn about the cultural, professional, research and intellectual resources at our doorstep including exclusive career and entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Admissions 101: Participate in comprehensive college admissions and financial aid workshops and office hours conducted by members of the Columbia Admissions Committee.
CE2 is designed for high-achieving seniors who have:
- Exemplary academic records, particularly in math and science. We strongly recommend that applicants have high school coursework in calculus and physics.
- Sincere interest in pursuing an engineering education
- Genuine appreciation for the educational value of diversity in all its forms
CE2 is designed to serve students from backgrounds that are historically underrepresented in engineering and applied science fields, including:
- Low-income students
- Underrepresented students of color
- Students who will be the first generation in their family to attend college
- Students from underserved and rural communities
Students will be notified of their decision in late September. Please email any questions about the Columbia Engineering Experience to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you consider this unique opportunity to learn more about Columbia Engineering!