At Columbia you can experience events such as sitting on the steps of Low Library watching alumnus Barack Obama take office or building a Formula One race car with the Society of Automotive Engineers. You can walk down a hallway in Furnald Hall discussing your new blog or recount last week's ballet. You can serve as a tutor in a New York City public school; take part in the Varsity Show, an entirely student-run production starting its 126th year in the fall; or cheer on the Columbia Lions at Wien Stadium.
The energy on Columbia's campus is striking, and we hope you will visit to experience that energy in that Columbia offers including:
- Over 500 clubs and organizations;
- 31 varsity teams, nearly four dozen club sports and dozens of intramural teams;
- Several dozen community service organizations;
- A robust and avant garde creative and performing arts community;
- A politically, environmentally and socially conscious and active student body.